Carnaby Street. Home to great fashion, great coffees-on-the-go, street stylers galore and high tea of course, and now, this fashionable hub within Soho is home to Benefit’s Global Flagship Boutique and it’s like no other. This is an all-encompassing beauty store, complete with dedicated treatment areas including the all important, and very necessary Blow Bar and Nail Bar for all those beauty fixes.
Earlier this evening, through wind and rain, and tube strikes, i powered through to get to the Elle and Benefit party, all for the cause of delivering my weeks beauty edit, as why else would one bother for free drinks, treatments and discounts on the beauty greats by Benefit on any other given wednesday night.
Downstairs, oh yes Benefit has a downstairs, a great talk from the Elle beauty team themselves, Sophie Beresiner, Amy Lawrenson and Joely Walker along with Head Make up & Trend artist (and Brow Expert) of Benefit, Lisa Potter- Dixon was well underway.
Scanning the beauty pages of Elle, delivering all their tips and tricks and a twitter-style Q&A was definitely a highlight of the evening, that and all the treatments and makeup demos. The SS14 looks formed a great deal of the evenings beauty discussion, from Peter Pilotto’s neutral faces contrasting with his menagerie of pattern and colour, to flicks, lips and hair! And just when i thought the macaroons had me content, i left with products all ready and reviewed by me personally for your pleasure.
Brushes Use them for everything! Until tonight, i had never thought of using a brush to apply my Chachatint, which until now, i had only used on my lips for fear of having streaky cheeks, and no-one wants that. Now, one can live without fear of streaky cheeks. All hail the brush.
Ooh la lift Under-eye brightening, pretty packaging, llightweight and the ability to be used throughout the day for top-ups when your eyes just need a little awakening. What more could you want?
Brows If you want them done, get them done at Benefit! And get yourself Speed brow. Its a great way to manage your own brows day-to-day.
I’ve been addicted to dandelion ultra plush and now, I think my new addiction will be the ultra plush lip gloss in kiss You (clear Fuchsia).
One Hot Minute. This lightweight powder is well, lightweight. Never being one for finishing powders, this one took a it more convincing, until i saw the results. Result was, it gave a great lasting look, works great as a bronzer and it blends really easily over my makeup.
Tips, ticks and hints
- Not got enough time for a full face before you leave the house? Pick your best feature and make it up. Whether its the lips or the eyes, just go for it!
- Sophie Beresiner says double cleanse.
- Square off you eyeliner, its the in-thing.
- Carry blotting paper with you for those oily T-zones.
- CC cream, BB cream or foundation? Its all relative. Foundation for full coverage and for that made-up look. BB and CC are great for the more natural look as seen at many SS14 shows. BB is all about coverage with added skin care benefits like SPF and often anti-oxidants and CC is colour correcting though both CC and BB are fairly similar.
- Hair. Forget up-dos and hard-to-do looks, think relaxed.
Elle’s March issue has the lowdown.